PDA

View Full Version : So I bought a V50

Antz1983
Jun 30th, 2014, 19:44
Hey so i bought a 1.6 V50 had it for 1 day now and still love it,

but now as on all of my previous cars its time to change all the interior and sidelight bulbs for LEDS and get a HID kit in there as im still running standard lights.

has anyone experienced any problems doing this

also would it be easier to get a volvo Xenon kit fitted?

any other issues i should be looking out for ?

Thanks Antz

sfstu
Jun 30th, 2014, 20:19
Interested in the replies re: led bulbs...:thumbs_up:
Wanting to do the puddle lights in the mirrors and the interiors...

Had mine a week now and 2nd day i fitted leds to no. plate light holders and also to sidelights at the front.
Had no issues or errors with the front sidelight leds (think they were canbus, but only cheapish ebay jobbies). I say no issues, they were a pain to fit due to access but doable...
Rear no. plate ones didn't work initially but a bit of wet & dry wrapped around a small screwdriver and cleaned up the contacts, both on the bulb holders and where they fit into the car sorted that right out...:thumbs_up:

Rgds Stu

P.s. Mine too was higher mileage at 90k than i originally wanted but i figure a modern diesel should be well up for 200k plus... (fingers and everything else crossed!)

Antz1983
Jul 1st, 2014, 21:10
tried my old HID kit out and that works fine and volvo kindly put a cross bar above both headlights that the ballasts will sit on nicely

and swapped the bulb in the vertical strip in the head light that was a royal pain got the number plate leds on order then to swap out all the interior bulbs for leds too

sfstu
Jul 1st, 2014, 21:44
Any links for the interior bulbs you've ordered?

I get a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of them on ebay!

The strips at the front look much better with a led than a regular bulb imo, no. plate lights too...:thumbs_up:

I did the puddle lights in the mirrors of my mondeo as well as the footwell lights, they looked good so planning the same for my V50 ;)

p.s. When i changed the front side light bulbs i meant to get a pic of a 50/50 with the regular bulb and the led but as ever, i forgot!

s40manbaz
Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:55
every bulb on my v50 is led lol done glove box floor lights boot roof lamps side lights number plate front markers mirror indicators sun visor mirror lights lol im mad on leds love em

Antz1983
Jul 2nd, 2014, 15:00
yeah here is where i ordered mine from

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/volvo-v50-estate-2010-2011-60