PDA

View Full Version : C70 - NAV: Which system do I have?

Comput1
Jul 1st, 2014, 14:42
How is it possible to guess which navigation system is in the car?

There seem to be two types, one for up to 2007 and one for 2008 onwards. I believe my car was registered in JAN 2008 so does that mean it will be the older system or is there a way to check?

I believe one system has a HDD and the other one just uses a cd/DVD system.

(Not collecting the car till next week, but would like to take the map update with me for the drive back)

dme123
Jul 23rd, 2014, 22:44
The change to the HDD based system occurred at the same time the centre console was revised, so if you have the later centre console then you should have the HDD based RTI system.

Comput1
Jul 24th, 2014, 06:07
Thanks for that I think I have the one without the HDD. Is it possible to upgrade it to HDD version from parts?

Darranna
Jul 24th, 2014, 16:47
Sorry to tread all over your thread but I am curious as to what the change in the centre console is and how do you tell the difference?

dme123
Jul 24th, 2014, 22:23
Easiest way to find out is look at interior pics of a 2006 car and then a 2008 car. They tidied it up quite a bit and it is more in keeping with the centre console. The changes were all to the tunnel trim in between the seats. Coincided with a few other updates and changes too.

ETA - From volvo press release:

Volvo C70 coupe convertible
The Volvo C70 benefits from a number of interior enhancements, adding to the car's 'two in one' folding hard top appeal. Volvo's iconic 'floating' centre stack has revised controls and is complemented by a multi-function centre tunnel storage area, a more compact handbrake design, and a new armrest that's longer and further forward for greater driver comfort as well as offering a larger storage area. Other changes include more dynamically styled instrument panels for the T5 and D5 models and a new hard drive-based RTI road traffic information and satellite navigation system. Style choices are widened with four new exterior colours and a new matt real wood interior inlay, called Nordic Light Oak.

Engine changes comprise a 10PS increase in power for the T5 engine, taking performance to 230PS and a Euro V compliant D5 engine with manual transmission which will be available later in the year. Also, a new entry level model has been introduced, the 2.4i S priced at just £25,750 OTR. Prices have been held for the SE Lux models, with £275 increase on SE and Sport specification.