PDA

View Full Version : C30 Body : - Adjusting tailgate bump stops

super josh
Jul 5th, 2014, 11:57
Chaps,

After removing the rear bumper to fit some parking sensors the tailgate no longer closes as easily as before, I suspect that the bumper is holding the bump stops slightly proud of their previous position.

I can't work out how to adjust the bump stops, it looks like you need to release a screw inside first? And I don't want to wrench them for fear of breaking them apart :)

Cheers,

Josh

Ninja59
Jul 5th, 2014, 13:06
You cannot adjust the bump stop itself if you are talking about the blak ones either side they simply turn and pull out. There must be another reason about how the bumper is sitting slightly incorrectly.

Daim
Jul 5th, 2014, 19:33
You can actually adjust them. You have to insert an allan key inside the hole. It is a rather deep one so look for a long allan key which will fit.

super josh
Jul 6th, 2014, 10:20
You can actually adjust them. You have to insert an allan key inside the hole. It is a rather deep one so look for a long allan key which will fit.

Perfect, thanks for the info Daim.

Just for future reference you need a 3mm Allen key to unwind the screw that locks the bump stop height. Once the screw is loosened you can the push/pull the bump stop to adjust the height (the ridges on the bump stop shaft means the height adjusts in small steps). Then wind the screw back in when it's set at the correct height.

Josh