PDA

View Full Version : C30 General : - Choice of C30?

Andru
Jul 6th, 2014, 11:11
I am thinking of buying a C30 to replace my S60 D5. I may have a budget of £7500. I really like the idea of a D5 model for the performance and the chance to have it remapped. I have tried to research the spec difference between all the models,T5 included.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on what would be a good buy in this type of car,also manual or geartronic transmission is till undecided. I just can't find enough reviews of either type.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

marc
Jul 6th, 2014, 11:33
I've got the D5 SE Lux, love the spec and love the characteristics of the engine...more so since the Polestar tune. Mine is the geartronic one, and to be fair, it's not have bad. It's the first auto I've owned (boy racer days are gone...almost) and although it's marginally slower than the manual version, it still has plenty of poke out on the open road, but without all of the fuss of shifting in the town stop start traffic.

Andru
Jul 6th, 2014, 11:42
Thanks for that,my boy racer days haven't totally left me yet at the ripe old age of 49. I still like the adrenaline rush of my remapped D5. What extra spec does the SE Lux have and I've read a fair bit about the R-Design as well.

marc
Jul 6th, 2014, 14:15
The Lux comes with leather, polished Scotia alloys, electric drivers seat and probably some other bits too.

I went from the poverty spec to this, so I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the SE and the SE Lux.

R-Design comes with a nice body kit which is colour coded, slightly lower suspension etc.