PDA

View Full Version : V50 Engine 2.0D : - DOes not start when warm

persj
Jul 9th, 2014, 20:22
I have a problem with my V50 2.0D MY08 that I hope somebody here can help me with.

When Cold the Engine starts directly.
When the Engine is warm and I shut it off it will not start again, it takes up to 60 minutes before it is possible to start it.

The car has been at my local Volvo dealer for over a week without them finding the problem.
A colleague that has been working as a car repairman previously, told me that they frequently changed diesel pumps on cars with this problem because a worn diesel pump canīt give enough pressure for the injectors to open.

Can somebody here confirm that this might be the problem?

My Volvo dealer says it canīt be related to the pump and that they never have changed a pump on these engines. Based on this they havenīt even measured the pressure.

An easy way to check this should be to pour some vater on the pump to cool it and then see if the Engine starts. Has anybody tested a pump this way?

Can somebody tell me where the pump is located and how it looks on a 2.0D?

Thanks in advance /Per

P.s Sorry about my English, it is not my native language. D.s

SonyVaio
Jul 9th, 2014, 22:33
First place to look is your throttle body (TB), take it off and give it a good clean with clean carb cleaner or something similar. When putting it back on don't over tighten the jubilee clip as this can distort the TB and cause the flap inside to foul on the body itself.

It may well be the build up of crud inside which is causing the TB flap to stick when hot.

:star-wars-smiley-01