PDA

View Full Version : beware mot and advisory slip when buying cars

djgeoff
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:22
as some of you might be aware i have just got t5 v70 estate in last month, and i have had what i assumed to be tramlining. i read the forum posts and changed all tyres,checked tracking and checked for sticking brake calipier replacing pads. still with the same problem i got mate of mine to look at car, he is an mot tester, he within mins found the wishbone bushes to be totally f....... they were his words, this is mot failure he said, if it affects steering or brakes its a failure or aleast an advisory if their starting to go. he took look at my mot and found a "yes" in box for was advisory notice issued. this notice i did not have or was ever shown to me. my mate rang the dealer ( castle4 cars in southampton....... mentioned name i dont care vosa are well interesetd along with trading standards) and he made loads of excuses but still no advisory slip and no returned calls.i contacted the mot station who informed me, he remembers the dealler, he said " oh yes he tore it up in front of me i told him he was a stupid lad their are copies".

the long and the short of it is , watch out for the yes in advisory box, i didnt know, just checked it was in date etc. i did manage to find the info i was after online ( strange vosa couldnt find it) and there was no mention of wishbone bushes on notice therefore vosa are looking into why my car had passed mot when bushes are so bad,
but due to 28 days being passed since mot i cant claim against mot station for repairs.but they still are looking into it and may wish to come out and see my car.

so watch out for the yes in the box and that you see the advisory slip thats all i can say, i got stung BUYER BEWARE!

car off road......waiting more cash..........um
donations quite welcome lol!