PDA

View Full Version : S40 (New) Engine 2.0D : - Autel MaxiDiag EU702 and ABS

Trog thou Meatier
Jul 12th, 2014, 11:35
Our 2006 2.0D intermittently complains about the anti-skid needing servicing so
I bought an EU702 because I thought I'd be able to read the ABS codes. I'm disappointed because it does everything *but* read the ABS - it complains of a communications error when I try.

When selecting the car year, I can only choose 2004 or 2005. The Volvo firmware version I have is V1.00 but Autel no longer supports this device and it appears impossible to get anything from them about it. Does anyone have a more up-to-date version?

Has anyone managed to make this work?

Missing Lincs
Jul 12th, 2014, 13:53
I had exactly the same problem, reader works fine with my V70 but will only read generic OBDII from my son's V50. I messaged Autel and got a reply to the effect that they won't be updating this reader. Disappointing as I thought the idea of software based readers was they could be updated.

Trog thou Meatier
Jul 12th, 2014, 14:13
I had exactly the same problem, reader works fine with my V70 but will only read generic OBDII from my son's V50. I messaged Autel and got a reply to the effect that they won't be updating this reader. Disappointing as I thought the idea of software based readers was they could be updated.

It does seem from your post and reading their forum that they've washed their hands of this model. I don't think I'll be buying another Autel device.

cheshired5
Jul 12th, 2014, 14:53
When they work, the Autels work really well.
It's been invaluable on my S60 and other member's S60 and V70 on engine and abs modules and it's cleared an airbag light too but I've tried it on other manufacturers and to say it's hit and miss is an understatement.
Peugeot and Renault it's excellent.
Mitsubishi, very disappointing and limited and when I confidently produced it to help a friend with a 500, I found out it didn't even list Fiat!

Trog thou Meatier
Jul 12th, 2014, 16:28
When they work, the Autels work really well.
It's been invaluable on my S60 and other member's S60 and V70 on engine and abs modules and it's cleared an airbag light too but I've tried it on other manufacturers and to say it's hit and miss is an understatement.
Peugeot and Renault it's excellent.
Mitsubishi, very disappointing and limited and when I confidently produced it to help a friend with a 500, I found out it didn't even list Fiat!

For Fiat group cars there's the excellent multiecuscan PC tool. I wish there were something similar for Volvos that didn't require dodgy cloned hardware, pirated software and a laptop running a specific and outdated operating system.

Missing Lincs
Jul 12th, 2014, 21:00
I wish there were something similar for Volvos
There is, the BSR PPC. Saying that, its surprising what you can do with a dodgy Chinese clone and dodgy software :thumbs_up:

Trog thou Meatier
Jul 13th, 2014, 10:47
There is, the BSR PPC. Saying that, its surprising what you can do with a dodgy Chinese clone and dodgy software :thumbs_up:

PPC is a bit dear. The S40 isn't our "fun" car so I'm not even interested in a remap.

I'll just have to take a road trip up to Louth and knock on your door. :)