PDA

View Full Version : You have 1 new message

jop85
Jul 15th, 2014, 11:02
Hello,

The other night I left the headlights on by mistake (my old car used to beep at me if I did that) and the next day the battery was flat.

I jump started the car (2006 S40 2.4), and we're back in business.

The only problem is that I get a 'you have 1 new message' message, but no matter what I press (read, info etc) I can't read this message!

Any idea?

I had a look at the manual but it's no help.

Thanks in advance

volvorocks
Jul 15th, 2014, 14:39
Unless you have some sort of electrical fault

I sometimes find that when '1 new message ' appears, if I press 'read' it doesn't display the message but starts at the menu. So I scroll using the wheel back to '1 new message' again and then press 'read' and it is displayed.

Regards

jop85
Jul 15th, 2014, 14:52
hmm, I'm pretty sure I tried that but I'll give it another go tonight.

Thanks for the reply.

jop85
Jul 15th, 2014, 14:58
it just doesn't seem very intuitive. you have a message, you press read to read the message, you can't read the message..!

jeffmasson
Jul 15th, 2014, 18:35
Headlights swich them self's off in the off and on poz only the parking light poz says on and they will not give you a flat battery. I would say it's Time for a new battery

jop85
Jul 15th, 2014, 18:50
it prob does need a new battery as it was sitting in a garage for the last year or so.... but wouldn't it tell me 'low voltage' or something like that?
thing is, it hasn't done it before or since, it was completely flat, the car wouldn't even unlock. surely i would notice it every morning if that was the case?