PDA

View Full Version : intermitent fault v50 2.0d

V50NIJ
Jul 15th, 2014, 12:59
Anyone any ideas. Sometimes when the car is just started up or when stopped at traffic lights ect the car will not rev up as though its not getting fuel [no power and sounds rough] Then after a few seconds revs come back and runs fine until next time.thought it might be the egr valve . Was going to clean it out but looks a pig to get off so thought i would leave it for now if anyone has any more ideas

x DTR x
Jul 15th, 2014, 14:02
Flap in Throttle housing is getting stuck, probably needs a good clean but don't over tighten jubilee clip when refitting! There is a great guide on here showing how to do this:thumbs_up:

x DTR x
Jul 15th, 2014, 14:08
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=157241

The Thong
Jul 16th, 2014, 22:09
I had the same issue. My motor was fine until I shut it down. But if I restarted straight away it'd just about tick over, lots of smoke and no revs. I'd leave the car for about ten minutes and it was fine again. After some research I deduced it was the throttle body. I took it off and it was well crusty inside. I went and got another one from Volvo, all is fine now.

TT

Rooster
Jul 17th, 2014, 22:49
Take throttle unit off and take a dremal to flap and take edges off it then refit it,

Should never have an issue again