PDA

View Full Version : C70 red led door light

jimimac
Jul 18th, 2014, 11:37
Hi, looking at manual the red led door indicator lights on door go on when you lock the doors when your inside the car, mine also go on and and stay on when I Lock the car using the remote fob can someone let me know if this is normal or should they be off, I find it odd that they should be on when the car is locked from the outside, the car alarm led is on and alarm works ok, one other item if I leave a door open the alarm won't arm but there is no visual or audio to let me know that the alarm has not armed.

Thanks in advance,jim

dcw
Jul 18th, 2014, 14:20
Behaviour of led in door is correct (well, same as mine, anyway!) - when you lock the car (from inside or out) it comes on. Stays on for about 10 minutes then goes out. I think it's just intended as a "quick glance check" method to see the car is locked since there are no visible buttons to go down like most other cars have.

Not quite with you on your alarm question - if the alarm isn't armed surely the led on top of the dashboard doesn't flash? That's your visual indication you are after...

Or have I missed your point?

David

jimimac
Jul 19th, 2014, 15:28
As soon as I locked the car my alarm led started to flash every second even if a door was left open but since posting I discovered if a door is open then the indicator light won't flash this is the visual cue. Thanks for the help.

Jim