PDA

View Full Version : Fortran Diesel System Treatment

seany
Jun 21st, 2006, 20:10
Had the car at service bay today (MOT) and among the dozens of items in the parts dept display cabvinets were Fortran products (various cleansing/flushing additives).

One that caught my eye, was the diesel system treatment (or something of similar wording)

Has anyone used any of these products on a D5 engine?
Results?
Remarks?
etc?

TIA

Seany

cbyard
Jun 21st, 2006, 22:36
Would it run on an old IBM?

Chris

gnhuk
Jun 21st, 2006, 22:38
I've got a programming guide for it somewhere...................

imac
Jun 21st, 2006, 23:09
Had the car at service bay today (MOT) and among the dozens of items in the parts dept display cabvinets were Fortran products (various cleansing/flushing additives).

One that caught my eye, was the diesel system treatment (or something of similar wording)

Results?
Remarks?
etc?

TIA

Seany

I use Millers in every tank. Too soon to see if it makes much difference but the guys on several diesel forums swear by it!

-bobda-
Jun 22nd, 2006, 10:20

Results?
Remarks?
etc?

TIA

Seany

Was it possibly Forte rather than Fortran?

I've used their Diesel additive and it got rid of a fair bit of the smoke which was coming out of my car on hard acceleration.

Available on ebay for about £10 delivered and it will treat two tanks worth of fuel.

:)

seany
Jun 22nd, 2006, 18:48
Could have been forte .... swear it said fortran though, in space 1999 styley writing .... red writing, black bottles.

They were £10-£11 per bottle

Might give it a go ..... apparently the "fuel system 'flush' treatment" as the service guy said, is an option during a service, using the same stuff.

RollingThunder
Jun 23rd, 2006, 22:45
Used Forte diesel treatment many times - this stuff works wonders for cars that fail the emissions test :) Its a bit kinder than an 'italian tune up' but is expensive - £10 a bottle is cheap - it was £20 a bottle about 5 years ago! I'd run a bottle through before an MoT test if your car is the slightest bit smokey when you rev it hard in neutral.