PDA

View Full Version : V50 Engine 2.0D : - Alarm system needs servicing / limp home mode

arrowsmith5623
Jul 21st, 2014, 20:55
Hi,

I am new to this forum so I hope this makes sense !

I am an owner of a Volvo V50 2.0 SE (R-Design). Yesterday I did the stupid thing of leaving my lights on, only to return to my vehicle to find the battery flat. I opened the door with the blade key, however no alarm sounded. I got a jump start. As I drove away the error message was shown 'Alarm System Service Required'. The vehicle also went into limp mode, not going above 2,500 rpm.

Once I had driven a sufficient distance I switched the engine off, got out, locked the doors (the alarm was armed as the red light in the centre of the dash was flashing once a second as required). I unlocked the doors, started the engine and drove off without any problems. No limp mode and no error messages.

This morning I have checked the alarm system by activating it by unlocking the drivers door with the blade key. As should happen the alarm sounded as soon as the door was opened. I sat in the vehicle and activated the alarm. No alarm activates unless I wave my hand in the rear passenger area. I even got out and armed the alarm with the drivers window down, stuck my hand in the drivers side - no alarm.

Any ideas ? Especially with the limp mode, which now seems to have sorted itself out.

Many Thanks
arrowsmith5623 is online now Report Post