PDA

View Full Version : Intermittant Loss of power at 2000 revs

Andalucian Tourer
Jul 23rd, 2014, 11:33
Hi everyone

We just picked up our new car yeterday, a 2004 Volvo S40 2.0D SE. Its a lovely car and is great to drive, really pleased with it, except.......

Sometimes, when you put your foot down, there is nothing there, it wont rev past 2000 revs, it comes and goes, and when it goes the car goes great, but when the power dies it stilll drives fine, but its like the turbo has disappeared. We drove it from Manchester to south wales so a really good run, and it came and went about a dozen times during that journey. Didn't happen when cold. There is no smoke, no turbo noises at all, the only other symptoms are that when it goes there is sometimes (but not always) a smell of exhaust fumes, and there is sometimes a slight judder/ hesitation at lower speeds.

I am going to check the EGR, MAF and fuel filter today. Does anyone have any other ideas? I am praying its not the turbo!!!!

Thanks...any and all help greatly appreciated

Andalucian Tourer
Jul 29th, 2014, 16:32
All sorted now, posting what we did just in case anyone else gets the same issue.....

My problem was no power after 2000 revs, fine up until then but if you want more power you put your foot to the floor and nothing happened. Sometimes it worked fine but fault would come and go several times on any journey.

Didn't touch the MAF or fuel filter.
Cleaned EGR valve, inlet manifold and the throttle body.

Not sure which of these sorted the problem but it is fixed now!!

vaynah
Jul 29th, 2014, 16:41
Just had exactly the same problem. Cleaning the throttle body did for me.