PDA

View Full Version : Aircon fan vibration

MacV50
Jul 25th, 2014, 21:20
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this

With the recent hot weather, my AC fan has been running at high speed a lot more. No problem until today when it made the whole car vibrate. It's definitely the climate control as the vibration is present with the engine off if I turn tha fan speed up

Anyone else had this? The cars still under warranty so I'll get it sorted but pointers would be good

julianps
Jul 26th, 2014, 10:34
Is this the condenser fan at the front of the car or the blower fan in the heater matrix?

Clan
Jul 26th, 2014, 12:58
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this

With the recent hot weather, my AC fan has been running at high speed a lot more. No problem until today when it made the whole car vibrate. It's definitely the climate control as the vibration is present with the engine off if I turn tha fan speed up

Anyone else had this? The cars still under warranty so I'll get it sorted but pointers would be good

Most likely a leaf or something stuck in the fan blades of the heater motor behind the dash , you can get to some of it by taking the lower winscreen plastic panel off .
Also if you use recirculation the fan can act like a vacuun cleaner and suck up a plastic bag from the passenger footwell .

This is unlikely to be a warranty job .

MacV50
Jul 29th, 2014, 18:02
Thanks for the info. Will take a look

Seems like a design fault if such large objects could get through to the fan and cause this sort of thing. Defo not something from recycle mode as I don't have stuff lying around inside the car but a leaf is a possibility ...

Dtp
Jul 29th, 2014, 21:40
Had the same thing happen to me. It was a bit of rubber from wind screen change 18 months before. Must have worked loose and dropped into the fan.