PDA

View Full Version : how i handled a clogged dpf on my v50

tom1978
Jul 26th, 2014, 16:36
My car went into a limp home mode, and i had it in for a service to a non branded garage, they told me they could not help me with the dpf but gave me the error codes they found (2e30 and 2e40) i think it was. These codes after searching this forum reads as dpf clogged and dpf totally clogged. So i had another read on the internet to see if there was a cheaper way of unclogging the filter. I found some where they washed it in some detergent or other. But i decided to go for a mode hilbilly approach. BBQ, as heating is the normal way to regenerate the dpf i decided to have myself a bbq. 77516
Had it on a slowcooker for 2h. redhot. And just attached it again today. Reset the fault codes. I can happely say it WORKS.....

clarinbarry
Jul 26th, 2014, 16:56
You sir are a legend

Thats something i'd do the "correct way" hope it all works out well for you

tom1978
Jul 26th, 2014, 18:45
Well as far as i can tell this is the normal way for the dpf to regenerate, not the bbq but the heat. But because of the error codes in the system the car would never initialixe the regeneration by it self. I just helped it along. Its probably not something you'd see a garage do. But still.

Yosser
Jul 26th, 2014, 19:52
Awesome :-D

CJL
Jul 26th, 2014, 20:04
Ya'll dun gooood, real goooood.

tom1978
Jul 27th, 2014, 11:58
I thought it was time for an update the car has now gone ca 200km since the "FORCED" regeneration of my dpf. No complaints from the car.

SonyVaio
Jul 27th, 2014, 23:30
Personally I'd be checking your EOLYS fluid level to ensure the car has the ability to raise the temperatures in the first place. The car may have been trying to do regens all the time but with no EOLYS then it just won't happen.

Loving the BBQ though!

:star-wars-smiley-01

cookie
Jul 28th, 2014, 01:10
reminds me of the old blow torch method to clear the sludge from 2 stroke motorbike exhausts, looks like fun if nothing else, but as said, top up eloys, and get someone to reset counters via vida

tom1978
Jul 28th, 2014, 16:10
Doesnt the eloys have its own alarm/status? After the success here i orderd a vida so im able to reset it myself, soon anyhow. I've done something like this on a motorbike in my youth using a blowtorch. If i had a blowtorch now i would have used it.