PDA

View Full Version : Magnets - Fuel line??

daves60rr
Jun 22nd, 2006, 21:34
I was at the highland show today, there was aguy there selling magnets to put around your fuel line before it goes into engine, it suposed to improve mpg by 5/10 %, and same for bhp, increased by 10%, 50% lower emissions, etc

hows does it do it?

wot does the magnet do to the fuel?

is there any danger to doing it?

and does even work?

boss is going to try it on his diesel skoda, should be interesting!!

any ideas anyone?

dave

imac
Jun 22nd, 2006, 21:50
Hahaha. Is this a serious post?!

Best of luck, its been tried and tested and the general consensus is that its a load of bollo*s. :speechless-smiley-0

daves60rr
Jun 22nd, 2006, 22:02
Hahaha. Is this a serious post?! yes Mr Nobby!

gary austin
Jun 22nd, 2006, 22:09
hi regarding your post ive just put a hp chip in my wifes car (seat alhambra )and the fuel economy has rose from an average of 43 to 50 mpg it was a 115 break now 130+ it is a variable chip it was only £40 on ebay youcan get them for d5s cheers gary

J..M
Jun 22nd, 2006, 22:30
My sister wants a crystal taping to her fuel line .............. I spose so the powers of L00nacy & their associated gods will bring their mechanical skills to bear............ I told her to 'Ferk Ourf' (I'm friendly like that ;) )

Geezer
Jun 23rd, 2006, 07:57
Hi Guys,

OK...I have heard of a few gizmo's that claim to increase fuel economy, bhp etc, and I have to admit that I have scoffed at most of these sort of claims, however I have a mate who is mechanic that retails a similar item in my home town.

I have in the last week had our 95 T5 854 serviced by him and asked if these gizmo's actually work. He said that he thought they worked by magnets that somehow seperate the hydrogen in the fuel before it enters the combustion chamber, thereby allowing a better burn, increased fuel economy and lower emmisions.

He told me that they work best on engines of 2.0 ltr or bigger and will work equally as well on Petrol or Diesel engines. They could possibly be used on motor bikes. They take 20 mins to fit and cost NZ$145.00 fitted.

He currently has one fitted to his business vehicle which is a 2.8 ltr Toyota Hilux Turbo Diesel Utility. He is getting (approx.) an extra 50 kms per tank of diesel and better performance. He will soon be installing one of these gizmos on his late model Mazda 626 (2.4 ltr petrol).

I personally know of another guy who is using the same gizmo, and he has noticed far better economy and performance as well. One of the local taxi firms is running the same item and they have noticed significant fuel savings.

If my mate says they work, (and I trust him to the max...) then they work. I asked him it will work on the 850 and he told me there would be no problems.

Fuel over here is getting up around NZ$2.00 Litre so I will be getting one installed next payday. If you are interested I will let you know what the results are.

Cheers,

ChrisGrant
Jun 23rd, 2006, 12:33
i'm thinking that if something could add 5-10 mpg to a car i'm sure the Car manufacture's would all be fitting said items my V70R doing 35mpg and i'm giving it plenty of stick! WOW even greenpeace would be happy---er!!!!!

charlotte001
Jun 23rd, 2006, 22:44
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

that sounds a bit like the gizmo being sold on Ebay that you turn and it increases the bhp of your car

how can a magnet do anything ? You have metal fuel pipes plus fuel is non magnetic.

Me thinks he was scamming you. ok there could be a little to do with polarization of the fuel molecules but a simple magnet wouldn't do anything

Charlotte

"Gets up after laughing"

RollingThunder
Jun 23rd, 2006, 22:51
Sorry matey - its a scam. Been tested by various motoring magasines under proper independent scientific conditions and all have agreed its voodoo nonsense.

The resistor that is on eBay that is supposed to increase engine output only sends a false reading to the ECU making it overfuel slightly. You'd be better off giving your car a thorough service - you can reclaim 5-10bhp that way.

There. See - I didn't laugh out loud once...