PDA

View Full Version : Simple question regarding a Dice unit

Andru
Jul 28th, 2014, 16:07
I am on the lookout for a Vida Dice unit to use with my C30 D5. I have read an awful lot of info on the net then earlier on I stumbled across somebody stating there is a different one for diesels?

Is this correct and do I have to source a different version than the ones that are generally on sale or was the person wrong and they will all read my D5?

Cheers

Missing Lincs
Jul 28th, 2014, 16:33
Updated versions are starting to appear for sale but with the old and new they both work on all models, there is no diesel version.

Andru
Jul 28th, 2014, 16:41
Thanks for that,I'm looking at the 2013d ones. As long as I'm sure there is no difference between the normal ones and diesel ones then I will probably order one lately. They come from alibaba for around £60 inc p&p.

Is there a difference between the pro + and the standard ones apart from the outer casing?

I'm hoping to use it to diagnose my aircon problem.

arisetobe
Jul 29th, 2014, 09:21
I've got the cheapest pro+ blue one.. mostly because they supply it with a case.
So far so good, even if they say you can/should not upgrade software on them (which is anyway useless, to my opinion). So far so good.. works ok.

Most importantly that you better install VIDA in a windows that is in a Virtual Machine.. But for my mac+parallels vm it works flawlessly..

Andru
Jul 29th, 2014, 10:37
I've got the cheapest pro+ blue one.. mostly because they supply it with a case.
So far so good, even if they say you can/should not upgrade software on them (which is anyway useless, to my opinion). So far so good.. works ok.

Most importantly that you better install VIDA in a windows that is in a Virtual Machine.. But for my mac+parallels vm it works flawlessly..

Have you a link to the one you bought?

I have Vida 2014a running fine on my win 7 laptop at the moment so I'm ok on that front.

arisetobe
Jul 29th, 2014, 12:41
Yep, identical to this one: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Volvo-Dice-Pro-2013D-Volvo-Diagnostic-Equipment-Tool-OBD-Code-Reader-/151307106094?pt=Elektrogeräte&hash=item233a9b372e