PDA

View Full Version : Cars of the Stars museum Keswick.

Matt 850 GLT
Jun 25th, 2006, 10:00
Wow, had a great day out in the lakes yesterday. Main point of going was to visit the Cars of the Stars Museum in Keswick.

Amazing collection of film and tv based cars. ALL ORIGINAL, I was amazed that all exhibits had actually starred in their shows.

Here's the link:

www.carsofthestars.com

Matt

STE-MAL
Jun 25th, 2006, 10:41
What a great collection of truly awsome cars. Thanks for that. My favourite, Magnum P.I's Ferrari.

Pedro Fandango
Jun 25th, 2006, 13:31
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is a regular to events in Cov but looking at the other cars they've got sounds like an excellent day, i'll hav to go one day thanks

barrie013
Jun 26th, 2006, 12:00
Just had a quick look at the site, and saw the Toyota 2000GT. When my father worked for Motor Imports, who used to import Toyotas, he was the first person to drive the one and only 2000GT imported. It broke down every time it was taken out !

Chris_C
Jul 3rd, 2006, 13:44
I went along last week, as I'd gone for a holiday in the lakes and was walking past it, was indeed a good trip, shame you couldn't take any photos though, but I can see the reasoning (just)!

faster4_tec
Jul 3rd, 2006, 21:29
HA!!!!!!!!!

I LIVE HERE NE NE NAR NEEE NEeE!!!!!

the museums not bad actually, most tourists don't find it as its tucked away between a computer shop, a candle shop (mmm smells nice in there) and above a private car park type garage!!)

did either of you find the new delicatessen opposite where WHsmith is, near to the small shopping centre area (just a few small local shops inc the candle shop), they sell more cheese and pickles and fancy meats than anywhere else in the county (almost) most of its local, but some is imported, they are currently struggling as its not to most peoples taste (i/e cumbrian) just trying to see how many outside people actually use it (we are trying to spend about £20 a week there on stuff we don't really need, but its nice to munch on!!)

Chris_C
Jul 4th, 2006, 03:24
No, completely missed that I'm afraid, I would have been keen too :( Something different to the camping and chocolate shops that seem to have taken over the lakes!

Matt 850 GLT
Jul 4th, 2006, 08:46
HA!!!!!!!!!

did either of you find the new delicatessen opposite where WHsmith is, near to the small shopping centre area (just a few small local shops inc the candle shop), they sell more cheese and pickles and fancy meats than anywhere else in the county (almost) most of its local, but some is imported, they are currently struggling as its not to most peoples taste (i/e cumbrian) just trying to see how many outside people actually use it (we are trying to spend about £20 a week there on stuff we don't really need, but its nice to munch on!!)

Yes I did, nice place!
Matt