PDA

View Full Version : 2004/54 XC90 - good deal?

bircham
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:34
Ater having been really impressed by my wife's new V50 SE 2.0d I am thinking of getting an XC90. My local dealer have a silver D5 Se manual with satnav and telephone for 26995. It was registered in Nov 2004 and seems ok when I drove it. The only concern I have is that it has done 34000 miles which is double the usual. I also like the manual as it makes the car quicker to overtake etc on our local roads.
Does anyone have any advice re the mileage - if I keep the car it will have done 55000 miles by the time it is three yerars old. Am I better looking for an auto/lower mileage do you think?

Thanks for any help/advice - it is much appreciated

Jon.

bircham
Jul 10th, 2006, 22:04
Problem solved - I have bought a new XC90 for sept 1st del - 8 weeks del.

seany
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:56
You lucky lucky man :mumbles:

bircham
Jul 12th, 2006, 19:21
It didn't make financial sense to by the 18 month old car at 27000 and a brand new 'our' spec car for 36000, esp as it had 35000 miles on it already - I also end up with a facelift model as well. This will be my very first brand new car!

Jon

Ron240
Aug 21st, 2006, 15:48
This will be my very first brand new car!
And what a car! not to mention price. Very well done.:)
I have to say though....never mind financial sense,it would make for financial suicide if i was to spend that amount on a car....although i would love to have the option. ;)

akash
Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:45
I hope you have nothing but bad luck with it
can you tell im jealous?

In all seriousness, well done and you are right about the extra few thou being worth it
do take pics and let us see it
I saw a sport model with some sort of body kit... no idea what it is but its at the reading dealership
fell in love with it... it looks wide, bullbars in the front and its that sapphire black

loved it!

anyway good luck with it and i hope it brings you many happy miles!

bircham
Aug 22nd, 2006, 19:31
Hi Akash,

Well I would post pics when it arrives - but the dealer has phoned to say that it is going to arrive sometime between the 13th and 19th of Sept - so much for a sept 1st delivery. Considering it was ordered in the first week of July it is quite a long time!:hissyfit:

Well hopefully it will arrive then.
Jon