PDA

View Full Version : powerflex bushes

djgeoff
Jun 28th, 2006, 21:12
anyone tell me what is the sealed packet in the box with my 4 powerflex wishbone bushes? is it glue or lubricant?
no instructions in or on box.
due to fit them saturday.
cheers geoff

pault5
Jun 28th, 2006, 21:42
It's lube.

ChrisGrant
Jun 29th, 2006, 10:47
have the bushes for my upper engine mount can i just unbolt the old one and 'slip' the new one in (maybe with a hammer) are there any instructions for this?

:Banane45:

Russell@ RT Mechanics
Jun 29th, 2006, 12:53
Hi you will need to remove the metal mount first and press / use sockets and a vice to push out the old bush.
Once out the new bush is in two halves and will pop straight in .

Russ

Jod T5
Jun 29th, 2006, 13:32
have the bushes for my upper engine mount can i just unbolt the old one and 'slip' the new one in (maybe with a hammer) are there any instructions for this?

:Banane45:.

the little pouch has some lube in it....you will have to have a hacksaw blade handy as you will need to cut the origional mount out. cut it in two places ie at ten to two and smash it out with a rubber hammer.....not too tricky really
cheers
jod

ChrisGrant
Jun 29th, 2006, 13:45
will need to take off any engine weight? or can i just unscrew and go!!!

Jod T5
Jun 29th, 2006, 13:49
will need to take off any engine weight? or can i just unscrew and go!!!

unscrew and go chris, the mount takes no weight to speak of... it justs stops movement back and forth under braking and acceleration
cheers
jod

section8er
Apr 13th, 2007, 16:39
Hi everybody

Just thought I'd share in my delight in fitting a new bush to the Upper Engine Mount.

I decided to go for the Powerflex poly bush from PFS.

A simple job as backed up by those who already have fitted them - it took 35 mins - I am glad I changed the old mount bushing as there was a pronounced tear in the old rubber bush - which was the more apparent when I removed it.

I must admit I have been pleasantly suprised with the difference it has made -Gear changing is a lot smoother. Going over some of the rutted country lanes in my part of the world - I have noticed that the inherent clonking that was there before has disappeared. I understand what some owners have said about noise intrusion from using a poly bush - however - I do not find it too bad - infact I like the slight growl that is emmitted when I put my foot down - there does not seem to be any vibration either.

All in all- a great little (and relatively cheap) mod to do - and it certainly has made a difference to the driving experience - thoroughly recommend doing it!

Happy motoring!