PDA

View Full Version : It's really informative!!!

Nikita
Jun 29th, 2006, 23:32
Hello!
Excellent forum with fantastic references and reading.... well done indeed...
Thanks!

S60-MBS
Jun 29th, 2006, 23:35
Hi and welcome to the forum..your not the assasin nikita are you....S60-MBs trembles :speechless-smiley-0

MissDMeanor
Jun 30th, 2006, 00:18
Welcome to the forum Nikita:)

I've just watched the original Nikita but I must say I prefer the American Assassin version:Banane45:

peteS40
Jun 30th, 2006, 03:04
Apologies if you are a "real person", but I am sure some of these posts are generated by spam type software a bit like the ones that have been mentioned in the web users forum.

Those ones have dodgy links in them, but these ones (if they do exist) seem to be there just to get people wasting time reading them.

Look at the evidence:
- all the information in the post never, ever makes any reference to this particular forum. It is always general stuff that could apply to anything.
- the poster never makes any other posts
- most people post first time to ask a question, not just make woolly statements of thanks
- the poster's location is generally not given as the UK

If you look around there are a number of these "thanks, great topics on this forum" type posts.

Like I say, apologies if the posters are real people not just some software program. But I fear that we are all possibly being duped into replying here!

Pete

P.S: I've said it before, and I'll say it again - in case you were wondering, I AM a real person, no machine could generate this much waffle ;)

S60-MBS
Jun 30th, 2006, 03:09
P.S: I've said it before, and I'll say it again - in case you were wondering, I AM a real person, no machine could generate this much waffle ;)
Too damn right Pete:D :D

seany
Jun 30th, 2006, 11:04
Could well be a piece of software ....

the following URL

www.tramadol7info.blogspot.com (http://www.tramadol7info.blogspot.com)

is listed in the profile section for Nikita that says "are you a VOC member"

Alec Dawe
Jul 4th, 2006, 19:43

Waffle?? Waffle!?!

Wades through HUGE amounts of waffles with giant tin of maple syrup!

Sorry, Pete, just kidding around. I'm real too!

Chris_C
Jul 6th, 2006, 12:38
My current theory is it's the only way to get high ranking in Googles searches. Googles works on a how many people link to your site, and each individual link (and that counts for every page of a forum that link occurs on) boosts the linked pages rank in Google. So I hate to say it Seany, but you've just helped it if my theory is right ;)

It's the only thing that I've been able to come up with, as most people never look at the members list pages on a forum, so just advertising there can't be useful as its not seen, and everyone knows advertising is about location. Just my guess

CTCNetwork
Jul 19th, 2006, 12:29
Hi,

Given the link above, which will also generate a google hit, This is a spammer.
Could well be either a real person or a BOT.

They have the link in the memberlist somewhere, and now on this forum.
Thus the page ranking on google will increase.

As good a case as any to delete the member and ban the IP address, and mail domain (as I suspect that it will be one of those *.ru ones).. :angry2:

Des. . . ;)