PDA

View Full Version : Active sub-woofer

Andrew Batson
Jul 7th, 2006, 16:55
Can anyone please tell me if you can fit an Volvo Active sub-woofer to a High Performance Audio System on an XC90 aftermarket.

CTCNetwork
Jul 7th, 2006, 17:01
Hi,

Should be able to as one Dealer/Factory modification was to fit a Sub Woofer to the XC90.

I fits in the Spare Wheel well and you need to replace the full spare for one of those slim emergiency jobs..
Just keep the volume down if driving near me.. :D
I must set up some cruise missiles for the locals who drive round with megga volume system at full blast. . . ! :car-smiley-004: :angry2:

Des. . . ;)

the great one
Jul 7th, 2006, 19:04
i doubt it would fit in the spare as the xc90 spare is under the car not inside

Alec Dawe
Jul 7th, 2006, 19:27
Hi,

I must set up some cruise missiles for the locals who drive round with megga volume system at full blast. . . ! :car-smiley-004: :angry2:

Des. . . ;)
No, No, No, not cruise missiles (they're Yank, and will probably miss!)
A nice pair of ex Navy twin Oerlikons , so much more satisfying ((dagger, Dagger, Dagger!!))

Andrew Batson
Jul 14th, 2006, 09:06
I have tried the local main dealer & he is not sure that you can fit it after market, as he has not got a part number or price in his accessories catalogue.

CTCNetwork
Jul 14th, 2006, 09:09
Hi,
I have tried the local main dealer & he is not sure that you can fit it after market, as he has not got a part number or price in his accessories catalogue.
I am off to my dealer later, so I will investigate and post back.

I am sure that this was an option a few years ago for the XC90. I remember reading about it...

Des. . . ;)

EDIT: Just read this on the Volvo UK site:
Active sub-woofer (for High Performance Audio System)
This 8-inch sub-woofer with extra-long stroke and built-in 140 W amplifier provides really full bass reproduction at all volumes. Placed under the load floor area. Not in combination with third-row AC.
Linky (http://www.volvocars.co.uk/models/xc90/FeaturesOptions.htm)... Bottom of the list after selecting "Interior"..

john griffiths
Aug 18th, 2006, 21:19
Hi
the amp fits just in front of the REM unit on the N/S of the boot area its connected via the M.O.S.T network optic fibre system then there has to be a software down load for its function ,i think it can only be fitted to a premium audio system.