PDA

View Full Version : Keys stuck underdashboard???

paul g
Jul 8th, 2006, 19:25
You often hear of people having operations and then finding out that the surgeon left the scalpel and his wifes knickers in the persons body. Well maybe not.
My new V50 20D is very very nice (6.6K when brought). However two niggles and one of them will niggle me until perpituity.

The fisrt is that the black lip/bumper sill at the rear looks as if it has been painted with black paint and is flaking off. If you rub it with your finger it flakes away leaving a slightly 'lighter' black underneath. Does anyone know what this could be, some sort of 'polish' which falls off?

The second is a sound like keys rattling under the dashboard on the passenger side. Largely under acceleration in 5th or 6th or otherwise on bumpy roads. Its similar to the old pinking noise one got with cars when the timing was out - but I d not think its that. I have looked for loose stuff but can find nothing. My dealer said he would take it back immediately and I am happy to do that but I:hissyfit: wonder if anyone else has shared this annoying experience. My 1999 V40 has no quirky noses and so with a new car I am a little disappointed.

MarkE
Jul 8th, 2006, 20:40
Flaky rear sill sounds like maybe the car had some kind of Supagard / Lifeshine treatment when new and it's not adhering to the textured surface. Any other bits the same (foglight surrounds, rubbing strips)?

Can't help on the rattle noise, mine has a seatbelt noise when it's warm and a rattle from the steering column on bumpy corners but nothing from the passenger side.