PDA

View Full Version : C30 General : - Newbie with questions!

Paulak
Nov 8th, 2014, 13:02
I have just bought my first Volvo C30 and i love it but can anyone explain to me the safety cut off on the front power windows? Im assuming it cuts in to stop things getting trapped if window closing but how long for? I was out today, window part down and when i went to close it wouldnt, nothing on passenger side either. Is this normal? It closed fine a few minutes later but if it had started pouring with rain by then i would have been soaked! Thanks

bounce
Nov 8th, 2014, 15:25
I have just bought my first Volvo C30 and i love it but can anyone explain to me the safety cut off on the front power windows? Im assuming it cuts in to stop things getting trapped if window closing but how long for? I was out today, window part down and when i went to close it wouldnt, nothing on passenger side either. Is this normal? It closed fine a few minutes later but if it had started pouring with rain by then i would have been soaked! Thanks

You may find you need to reset the windows.
From memory I think you keep your finger on the button after it has closed to reset it.
Someone with more experience may be able to confirm this.

Paulak
Nov 8th, 2014, 15:54
Thanks Bounce, can someone confirm?

marc
Nov 8th, 2014, 20:20
When the windows are closed, just flip the switch up a few times, you'll hear the window shift a little as it resets/rebeds itself.

Paulak
Nov 9th, 2014, 07:05
Thanks, what about if window part open and wont close? Same thing?