PDA

View Full Version : Other 70 Problem: - Passenger door won't open, dead locked

Mick562008
Jan 15th, 2015, 22:04
Hello, sorry for not introducing myself yet but I'm desperate, my 2001 volvo V70 T5 passenger door won't unlock, it's deadlocked also the elec window for that side doesn't work and window switch isn't lighting up or operate from the driver side switches and the electric folding mirror doesn't work also. There is a constant clicking coming from the passenger door and I'm not sure how to get door open. I'm thinking it's the plug on the door pillar but how do I get to it or is there something else I need to check. Need to urgently get it open as it's an active RRV (rapid response vehicle) many thanks in advance

cheshired5
Jan 15th, 2015, 22:30
A 14 year old rapid response vehicle?
Really?

Sounds like your passenger door module is kaput.
You'll need some proper Volvo diagnostics (Vida/Dice) to establish the problem.

Mick562008
Jan 15th, 2015, 23:39
A 14 year old rapid response vehicle?
Really?

Sounds like your passenger door module is kaput.
You'll need some proper Volvo diagnostics (Vida/Dice) to establish the problem.

Yes it's still used by paramedics etc, it's mostly private sector as the NHS don't supply "at scene" cover for festivals or racing venues etc etc so private sector cover them, even the royal ascot lol it does also get used for PTS service between hospital and home and vice versa

Is there a way I can get into the door to get it open? I do have a snap on diagnostic machine il see if that will manual over ride the dead lock but I no that's just wishful thinking.

Brendan W
Jan 15th, 2015, 23:41
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=192597&highlight=passenger+door+deadlocked

Post #3 in this thread

pacman67
Jan 15th, 2015, 23:43
It's the door module on the passenger door, my xc70 is doing the same thing. Driving me nuts clicking away. Sometimes it can be the connector on the door next to the hinge either loose or corroded. Try disconnecting the battery for ten mins, on power up the door might work for a few mins, at least to get it open. Then remove the door panel and disconnect the door module, this will disable your alarm and central locking but at least your doors are all usable. The modules are coded to the car so replacing is a bit difficult, if your lucky a second hand one with an identical part number will work, if not you can go new but the dealer will have to code it to your car. Second hand you will need the number off yours, speak to Michael at Huddersfield Volvo Breakers, very helpful.

Mick562008
Jan 16th, 2015, 05:31
It's the door module on the passenger door, my xc70 is doing the same thing. Driving me nuts clicking away. Sometimes it can be the connector on the door next to the hinge either loose or corroded. Try disconnecting the battery for ten mins, on power up the door might work for a few mins, at least to get it open. Then remove the door panel and disconnect the door module, this will disable your alarm and central locking but at least your doors are all usable. The modules are coded to the car so replacing is a bit difficult, if your lucky a second hand one with an identical part number will work, if not you can go new but the dealer will have to code it to your car. Second hand you will need the number off yours, speak to Michael at Huddersfield Volvo Breakers, very helpful.

thanks for the reply, this only happend after leaving it with a flat battery for a week, so every night I've been disconnecting battery. Fitted a new one a day ago but yet still doing same, (dead locked)

Brendan W
Jan 16th, 2015, 11:28
have you tried the UEM reset procedure - post #3 in this thread

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=40932

Mick562008
Jan 20th, 2015, 20:20
hi I have tried the reset procedure in the pst you mentioned but it hasn't made a difference, is there a "hidden" key hole anywhere or will I have to destroy the door Panal to get to the motor etc etc, just seems weird that the elec mirror and window have stopped working on that same side as well as being deadlockd and making a constant clicking sound even when engine is turned off. Thanks for you help. (passenger) have you tried the UEM reset procedure - post #3 in this thread

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=40932

Brendan W
Jan 20th, 2015, 20:44
have you tried pacman's suggestion to disconnect the battery ?
Let the car sit for 20 mins before disconnecting and put the ign to Pos II before reconnecting.

Mick562008
Jan 20th, 2015, 20:48
I disconnect it every night just so it doesn't go flat due to the clicking sound possibly making battery drain, it's been disconnected for 3 days now so if a re connect with key in position 2 that should be the same? And I'm having a dim moment... Is position 2 when the ignition lights are on ? Many thanks

Brendan W
Jan 20th, 2015, 21:03
Pos II is the position before cranking.

tony209
Jan 25th, 2015, 14:14
I had a similar problem - http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=216179 see from post 7 onwards.

Try pulling the appropriate fuses and relays and give the contacts a clean, it worked for me.