PDA

View Full Version : XC90 : Sunday Times 2nd opinion

cootuk
Jul 24th, 2006, 01:07
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2279763,00.html

"Second Opinion: Jason Dawe: Volvo XC90

The XC90 was launched in Britain in 2002 and quickly became the goose that laid the golden egg for Volvo dealers. Waiting lists soon stretched to more than 12 months, with even used examples changing hands in the classifieds for over list price. Four years on the XC90 remains one of the most coveted used cars, with second-hand examples rarely appearing below the £20,000 mark.
So what is it about the XC90 that makes it one of the most desirable cars of the decade? First there are the looks. While most premium 4x4s look ugly or aggressive or both, the XC90 has the familiar Volvo grille that endows it with an unpretentious, trustworthy face. This is no accident. During its development Volvo paid particular attention to female opinion and designed the XC90 to have broad appeal. This clearly paid off......."

perussell
Jul 24th, 2006, 09:56
Good article but not without mistakes! The service interval on my D5 is 12000 miles and not 18000 as stated i.e. costs are 50% higher than we might otherwise be led to understand and I cannot believe that he extols the virtue of the SatNav system which I have ranted on about before.
Suffice to say I was in a dealer on Saturday looking at the revised model. I was advised that I was "far from alone" in my low opinion of the current RTI system and that the new model has done away with DVDs and now runs off a hard drive with heavily revised software in response to the "volume of customer complaints!"
Other than that the car is great!

tj101c70
Jul 26th, 2006, 23:08
A fair report,

now on my 4th, and 7th with sat-nav, to be honest,never had a problem with any of them !! but do remember the threads/problems perussell has had with them, strange !!