PDA

View Full Version : C30 General : - After Market Bluetooth Kit

OptimusSmeg92
Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:01
Hi,

New owner of a Volvo C30 09 Plate, I would like to fit a Bluetooth kit to the car which uses the steering wheel controls, have looked at a few GROM and Parrot, can anyone advise of what a dension kit is like and if it would be compatible?

Thanks,

Optimus

torroa
Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:20
As far as I know, you can only use the Dension kit if you have a CD changer.

Grom seems nice as you integrate it with the OEM stereo, including steering wheel control buttons. However, it does not look like they have a DAB solution if that is of importance.

Parrot use its own amplifier connected between the OEM radio and speakers, if I have understand it correctly. Not something I would want to install if you want to play audio over Bluetooth.

Another option is a solution with a stand-alone unit connected to AUX input or with an FM modulator. I went that route with a DAB+ adapter with Bluetooth. The cheapest alternative at about £100 and easy to install as well.

It looks like this:
http://bilde.dinside.no/test+8+dab%2B+adaptere.jpg?o=5211485&w=620&frame=0&ee=

Scouseladchris
Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:43
I used to have one I previously used in my Peugeot can't fault it it was an IOplay kit had no screen ect but I was small and compact all functions included play audio via Bluetooth my dad has it now in his Passat so seems works with all makes it basically had a box which plugged into the stereo and then sat behind the stereo hidden have a look see what you think !

Scouseladchris
Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:47
Sorry for the second post haha but I just ebayed IOplay to see average price but it seems now there's an IOplay 2 which now comes with a screen and depending on your phone can show you text/emails !

SouthWestWanderer
Feb 3rd, 2015, 11:49
I spent all of Saturday morning installing an IO Play2. I then spent all of Saturday afternoon ripping it back out - the sound quality was awful for people at the other end of the line. It seemed to be something to do with the noise cancellation, rather than interference, as the noise went away if the Mic was covered/unplugged.

I only bought the IO as it could do two phones. Eventually I gave up and installed the 8 year old Parrot that I had from my last car, which works perfectly. Only one phone at a time though... :(

The IO seemed like a smart bit of kit though, so perhaps I just had a dodgy one. They are reduced to clear in Halfrauds at the moment BTW.

Also, just to clarify: I'm not a drug dealer - I just have a 'work' phone and a 'home' phone. ;)

Scouseladchris
Feb 5th, 2015, 10:48
Southwesteander see i didnt have an ioplay 2 mine was the first one haha i didnt have issues with that one all worked fine no one complained when i was talking using it maybe they have tried to hard with the second one and goosed it see me and my mate got em with r peugeots on finance just for clarification we had no choice lowest on insurance we could afford to get it down never again would i buy a peugeot haha ! But no we both had one and we never had issues still got mine in garage my s40s got bluetooth so had no need for it atm

andylinney
Feb 5th, 2015, 11:55
I've got the Parrot Asteroid Mini installed in my C70 and really rate it. I didn't bother with the steering wheel control as I'd had it in another car and found it fiddly to use. I'll try to pop a photo up of how I've got mine. Sound quality is excellent for phone and music and there's built in GPS and you can connect wirelessly to your phone's internet connection to use internet radio too.