PDA

View Full Version : V50 R Design D4 Info

GSI WAYNE
Feb 8th, 2015, 15:09
Hi im going to look at a 60 reg V50 R Design D4 tomorrow but was just wondering if there is anything i should look out for when viewing the car? I know the basics and what to check etc but its just if there is anything unique to the V50 or the D4 engine that i should look out for?

Any info welcome.

Glyn
Feb 8th, 2015, 18:00
I've got an 11 plate V50 D4 R Design and I have had absolutely no trouble with it. Had it for just over 2 years and 40k miles. I'd be interested to know what the clutch is like on the one you look at though? Mine is quite harsh, 'on or off' if you know what I mean.

Glyn
Feb 8th, 2015, 18:15
One downside - If it has Bluetooth, that means you're screwed if you want to connect an iPod.

Glyn
Feb 8th, 2015, 18:44
Should also say that mine was recalled because the exhaust tips were apparently partial to falling off. Haven't got a clue what they did though, it looks exactly the same.

GSI WAYNE
Feb 8th, 2015, 20:18
Thanks for that info so far bud. What I am concerned about is in the video the dealer sent me the car is running on tickover but inside it is making an audible beeping noise but when he gets in the car it stops? What's that all about lol?

Clan
Feb 8th, 2015, 20:26
Thanks for that info so far bud. What I am concerned about is in the video the dealer sent me the car is running on tickover but inside it is making an audible beeping noise but when he gets in the car it stops? What's that all about lol?

gear lever not in P and door open ...

GSI WAYNE
Feb 8th, 2015, 20:50
But it's a manual?

Clan
Feb 8th, 2015, 22:10
But it's a manual?

good question then , the seat belt beeper only starts when you move off with no seat belt on ..

GSI WAYNE
Feb 8th, 2015, 22:54
Wondering if the guy has moved the car without his belt on and it has started beeping and then he has got out and started doing the video?

Proghound
Feb 9th, 2015, 01:04
Does it have keyless drive? If so, he's got out with the key in his pocket and shut the door while it's in position II. You get a very loud beeping about that.

RPB
Feb 9th, 2015, 20:39
Makes you wonder what is so wrong with a key