PDA

View Full Version : D5 owner with vida

marccowley
Feb 9th, 2015, 12:56
Trying to work out whether my lambda is faulty or not, can snyone tell me what there reading is, mine is 1 regardless of revs or sat at idle. Doesnt change. Thanks

Becks
Feb 10th, 2015, 22:57
I've just been looking at this type of data for my D5 as I have a slight missing with acceleration.

At idle with EGR closed I'm getting lambda of around 6, which I think might be a little high as VIDA suggests it should be around 4. At idle after revving the engine so the EGR is open I get lambda of around 4.

I'm much better with petrol lambda - I fully understand that, but as yet, still learning about diesel lambda.

marccowley
Feb 11th, 2015, 08:17
Hi. Im exactly the same, petrol lambda easy but this diesel one is so confusing, my vida says it should be between 1.5 and 4 if i remember rightly. Does yours move about at all as mine is just 1 dead flat with no codes, however if i unplug it, it stays at 1 but then i get a code so its almost like 1 is a go to response. So in thinking its faulty. Anybody else?

Element888
Feb 11th, 2015, 08:46
Remember checking my friend's s60 d5 lambda - at idle it was dead 1.

marccowley
Feb 11th, 2015, 10:13
Did he have problems with it? Mines sluggish when cold

Element888
Feb 16th, 2015, 14:53
Hi, thanks for replying on my thread. Do you mean the sensor was dead (not working) or just the reading was the same all the time? Also, what faults were you looking for? Thanks
Hi there.
Reading was same all the time. I can not confirm this is how it should be, as that car got lots of problems at the moment - Cat. temp senor has negative value, coolant temp. sensor shows error, dpf pressure sensor shows 0 hpa. This is after all 'faulty' sensors were replaced, so problem is somwhere else. afaik lambda sensor starts working under certain sitiations - temp. speed, flow etc...
They are not expensive and easy to replace - on ebay you could get second hand for about GBP 15 - see if it makes any change. Thanks.

marccowley
Feb 17th, 2015, 10:55
Hi, i cant see any second hand ones and am looking at about 150 for a bosch one or close to 300 for a volvo one. Can you show me a 2nd hand one? Thanks!

cjj
Feb 18th, 2015, 10:10
Hi, i cant see any second hand ones and am looking at about 150 for a bosch one or close to 300 for a volvo one. Can you show me a 2nd hand one? Thanks!

Probably worth looking at any that are listed as being broken for parts and sending a message