PDA

View Full Version : CD Player jammed

seumasbeag
Feb 9th, 2015, 13:05
Well it's been problematic for a wee while now, not wanting to give up the CD without a fight. Finally it seems to have expired and just stares at me saying DISC ERROR and won't give me back my CD

I've spoken with Central Services about a repair, these are the folk most often mentioned on this forum. They are quoting £346 so it seems that they are simply replacing the entire mechanism now, perhaps they can't get the individual parts anymore, that's a bit pricey for a 2006 V50.

I'm thinking about buying an alternative single CD unit from somewhere like Halfords or similar to replace the misfiring 6 CD player. Alpine, Pioneer or such like. I have spoken to a chap not too far away who tell me that he can code a new CD player into the car.

Has anyone on the forum successfully done this and what brand of CD player was used. What sort of unit should I look for size wise etc

Any help appreciated, I'll leave feedback if this option works.

Orca2
Feb 9th, 2015, 13:20
Mine occasionally does this , if you stick another cd in the slot pointed very slightly up as the cd is ejecting it comes out . At least it does on mine.

pgm
Feb 9th, 2015, 13:46
I can't link to the post now as I am on my phone but I did successfully replace my changer with an appropriate Delphi unit I got from the USA. It did require some soldering but not a difficult job really. The little plastic gears wear out/break in the mechanism. If you just change the mechanical bit no software is required.

Paul