PDA

View Full Version : SRS, central locking, windows, seat belts

Phase1
Feb 10th, 2015, 18:33
Hi all,
I am driving a C70 2008 2.4D auto, went down a pothole couple of days ago and bent wheel but thats all sorted.
Today my SRS airbag service urgent warning came on, then the doors are on orange light all the time but cant lock or unlock neither from key fob or manual door buttons, my windows have now come down about an inch and they no longer operate from the switches, and the seat belt warning is going off even with belts locked in.
Have tried to remove battery and left off for several hours to try and clear system but to no avail, now frustrated as have to manually lock doors but have to leave the windows open so pointless exercise.
Any help info or advice would be appreciated, thanks
Andy

Proghound
Feb 11th, 2015, 14:33
Not experienced it myself, but have read about it on here many times ... from these sorts of symptoms, first thing to check is the connections to the CEM. It's under the glovebox and has to be removed to change the pollen filter. Take all the connectors off, clean everything up (you can get a spray cleaner that will do the job) and make sure they all fit back again good and tight.

v70stu
Feb 11th, 2015, 15:35
I will second that. The impact could have loosened the connectors enough to start creating faults. As has been said before, sudden multiple failures and warnings points towards the CEM connectors. Looks bad, most likely isn't.
Get your suspension and alignment checked too. Watch for uneven tyre wear.