PDA

View Full Version : D5 C30 Engine System Service Required

Jeano
Feb 10th, 2015, 21:21
Hi had my car for two months 2.4D Manual with 82k it had a service 50miles before i bought it. Today randomly i had a "Engine System Service Required" appear on my dash.

Now there is nothing changing in the drive however.

Did some research and found about the oil level on some cars but mine is about 60-70% so not overfilled.

I just did a self diagnostic and its come up with "DTCS in Vehicle"

Now i know there mayabe other threads out there but there is so much confusing information, is there any checking and cleaning i should be doing over the weekend?

Becks
Feb 10th, 2015, 22:46
Your best bet would be to see if any one in your area has VIDA/DICE to read the fault code. This will tell you what is wrong rather than trying to guess.

Proghound
Feb 11th, 2015, 14:39
You'd be surprised how low down the dipstick the oil level will trigger that message. I've had it on just over half-full after an oil change. Drop the oil-level down to about 1/3rd (4 of the 6 XX markings uncovered) and it should be gone after a week. If it isn't, at that point go for the code-read.

dme123
Feb 11th, 2015, 17:11
You'd be surprised how low down the dipstick the oil level will trigger that message. I've had it on just over half-full after an oil change. Drop the oil-level down to about 1/3rd (4 of the 6 XX markings uncovered) and it should be gone after a week. If it isn't, at that point go for the code-read.

I found this too. I was about 2/3rds on the stick, as the sticker recommends, and the warning came up.

marc
Feb 12th, 2015, 23:02
There was a recall for the oil level issue, not sure what the dealer did but I've now got an extra sticker in the engine bay to say they have addressed it....never had a problem since.

Jeano
Feb 14th, 2015, 15:58
It just disappeared with the error yesterday.

The oil is on 3 Xs out of the 5 i think so that should be ok.

I pulled apart the filter to see if it looked new as you know what some garages are like, "it has been serviced" but the filter was new and the MAF looked like it was new.

Ill see how it goes, thanks for the advice all.

Jeano
Feb 22nd, 2015, 12:33
Its back after 2 weeks. Any Ideas?

SonyVaio
Feb 22nd, 2015, 13:27
You are probably finding as your car is doing regen cycles that it is causing you this message. This will inevitably be because the oil level is too high or level being taken over max with the regen.

Course of action is to drop oil level by 100 to 200ml and see how it goes.

:star-wars-smiley-01

Jeano
Apr 19th, 2015, 09:58
You are probably finding as your car is doing regen cycles that it is causing you this message. This will inevitably be because the oil level is too high or level being taken over max with the regen.

Course of action is to drop oil level by 100 to 200ml and see how it goes.

:star-wars-smiley-01

May appear a stupid question, i dont wanna remove the sump plug and take out 200ml and then i dont have a machine which goes down the oil pipe to extract it, any ideas?

Leighman
Apr 19th, 2015, 13:30
A Silverline oil extractor on Ebay is only £13. Or £10 tip to a local friendly garage.