PDA

View Full Version : v50 1.6d drive engine cuts out

padesu
Feb 12th, 2015, 15:13
To start at the beginning , about two months age I pulled out of a side turning and the engine reduced power light came on...after restarting the car the problem went away for some time and I forgot about it. Weeks later having filled the tank ,I drove 4-5 miles and came out of another junction and the same thing happened only this time when the engine reduced power warning came on the engine cut out and I had to coast to a stop.I tried to start the engine but it just spun over as though there was no fuel but when I left it having taken the key out and reinserted it the engine fired up and was ok again , during the next few weeks it randomly came up with the engine message but did not cut out again until yesterday when co-incidently I had filled the tank and driven some 4-5 miles when going round a roundabout it cut again , reset ok but a few miles later same again for a total three times .I managed to get it to my local garage who has said there are quite a number of things it can be ....has anyone had similar issues with this model (drive stop/start) ??