PDA

View Full Version : V50 2005 headlight bulb upgrade

M4ss4
Feb 14th, 2015, 19:58
I know it has been said on multiple threads, just wanted to reiterate how terrible the standard lights are with normal halogen bulbs.

I have been trying various cheap ones from eBay, however during a recent long drive at night I decided I needed to sort them out.

I spent some time researching and chose the Philips xtreme vision +130 which were on offer for £20 at Euro Car Parts.

They are great, loads brighter, the colour is 3700k so not as white as some, but a big improvement over OEM.

I will resurrect this thread when they pop :-D

KevinBSC
Feb 17th, 2015, 13:20
Hi,

I had the same "problem" with my 2009 V50. After seeing a magazine review of "upgrade" headlamp bulbs (which put those Phiips bulbs as winner, btw), I plumped for the Osram NightBreaker bulbs (came 2nd in their test). These too make a considerable difference over the "standard" bulbs that were fitted and, locally, were cheaper than the Philips bulbs, though that wasn't why I got the Osram's.

Kevin.

dme123
Feb 17th, 2015, 17:24
I put a set of the new Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited +110% H7 bulbs in my C70 not long after getting it as the headlights are so ****. I had one blow last week, so it lasted about 6 months with the Volvo "always on" habit, which seems a bit poor.

I have replaced the blown bulb as it might be a fluke but if the other one blows soon it doesn't look good on bulb life for these and I'll try the Phillips bulbs.

I've used +80% and +100% upgrade bulbs before from various manufacturers and not noticed a particularly short life, although the only other Volvo I have experience of has standard fit HIDs.