PDA

View Full Version : Volvo c30 brake issues

volvomoose
Feb 17th, 2015, 09:05
Just recently when I press and slightly pump the brake peddle a noise from under the steering column is apparent. It isn't too dissimilar from an empty turkey baster being squeezed and the air leaving the tube. Also the rear left brake has started to click when applying pressure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

marc
Feb 17th, 2015, 16:09
I get the same noise prior to starting the engine, I'm assuming this is normal as it has done it for years and my dealer has not reported any faults.

Sorry, can't help with the click other than wear on the pad mounting face, thus allowing it to move slightly in the calliper.

volvomoose
Feb 18th, 2015, 12:32
Iv'e had the car for just over 6 months and the noise never used to be there and its an obvious sound...something that I wouldn't have overlooked.

cheshired5
Feb 18th, 2015, 12:42
Iv'e had the car for just over 6 months and the noise never used to be there and its an obvious sound...something that I wouldn't have overlooked.

You need to check it out then so maybe have the calipers and pads off and greased.
You sound like you're pretty clued up with your car so when was your fluid last flushed through?
What is your disc thickness?
Your mileage would help too.

volvomoose
Feb 18th, 2015, 13:03
Thanks for the reply. Currently on 47,000 miles and I put on 10,000. Its probably due for a service as i drive long distances but wanted to do a bit of research on here before doing any work.