PDA

View Full Version : C30 diesel exhaust question

mattievrs
Feb 17th, 2015, 18:02
Middle silencer on my 2lt diesel is rotting and I'd like to replace it. How many sections are on the 2lt diesel? I can't see if it's a full system or comes in parts?

marc
Feb 17th, 2015, 19:26
I seem to remember it is the centre section and the back box...It was a few years ago that I had the 2.0D though.

Daim
Feb 17th, 2015, 19:31
Factory is one part. Repair is two...

msh
Feb 17th, 2015, 19:34
Hi
Some manufactures put one /two piece exhausts on when they make the car

some of these can be cut and a new part fitted eg only the middle pipe or just the back box

look at some exhausts supplier website to see what parts are available

Mark

mattievrs
Feb 17th, 2015, 23:10
Factory is one part. Repair is two...

That answers it then. So if I buy the 2 part kit it'll replace the oem full system.

SonyVaio
Feb 17th, 2015, 23:39
Not the full system, just usually from the cat backwards.

:star-wars-smiley-01

Daim
Feb 18th, 2015, 12:04
Not the full system, just usually from the cat backwards.

:star-wars-smiley-01

Aka a catback... But yes ;)

Bendolfc
Feb 18th, 2015, 14:46
It's doubled skinned personally I'd just leave it. An independent wanted to replace mine about 4 years ago, no doubt with crappy aftermarket parts that would have needed doing again by now. Didn't have it done, the outer skin is all but gone but the exhaust is still sound.

mattievrs
Feb 18th, 2015, 18:09
It's doubled skinned personally I'd just leave it. An independent wanted to replace mine about 4 years ago, no doubt with crappy aftermarket parts that would have needed doing again by now. Didn't have it done, the outer skin is all but gone but the exhaust is still sound.

Yeah it is the outer skin but the actual box has been in contact with something to dent it fairly badly aswell. The inner skin is well on its rotten old way aswell so I'm going to just replace the front and middle silencer.