PDA

View Full Version : V50 Engine 2.0D : - Having trouble finding a Y-shaped 2.0D Throttle Housing?

Sumaspikey
Feb 26th, 2015, 13:50
Hi all!

I've been using the wealth of information on these forums for some time (without registering), so I thought I'd return the favour.

It would appear that the throttle bodies, the Y-shaped one on the Euro5 in particular, have a tendency to shear the teeth on one of the butterfly valve mechanisms. Most wouldn't notice any symptoms, so it may be worth popping the passenger side intake/boost hose off the butterfly housing to see if the flap has any spring resistance. If it does not, then a you can check further by inspecting the mechanism. There is a one inch round cover that can carefully be removed to check if the teeth are worn away/broke off.

If I am completely honest, I'm not sure what this set up does for the car and how it differs from the single inlet version. What I do know, is that replacements from Volvo are £250! There are never any coming up on ebay either!

My advice is.....

Search for the slightly different Y-shaped throttle body from a Peugeot 2.0 HDI engine. They are the same engine. The internal mechanism can then by stripped down and relevant parts exchanged. It took a bit of head scratching but its easy enough with a bit of caffeine inside you.

The best bit....

The throttle bodies for the hdi are plentiful and most are under £40! Mine was snapped up for a tenner. :-)

I can do a how to if enough people feel they need the assistance, but like I said...its pretty straight forward.

I hope this helps someone.....