PDA

View Full Version : Vida & Dice Unit

Lugzyboy82
Feb 26th, 2015, 17:31
With regards to the Dice, I understand that they usually come with a cracked copy of Vida, but do you still have to purchase "airtime" from Volvo to get the Dice to communicate with Vida? Many thanks.

100K+
Feb 26th, 2015, 17:34
No... the software is hacked to simulate being connected to Volvo Sweden...Its what the "patch" software does IIRC

Cheers

Bob

Lugzyboy82
Feb 26th, 2015, 17:44
Thanks for your reply. I bought a Dice unit and Vida 2014A off a seller on Ebay. I managed to get Vida installed on my laptop no problem but when I try to connect the Dice to Vida, it says disconnected on Vida. It wont communicate what so ever. I have asked for my money back or a replacement but the gentleman states that even though Vida is a cracked version, I still have to buy airtime for it to work. So I am now stuck with a faulty Dice unit.

mattievrs
Feb 26th, 2015, 19:41
Thanks for your reply. I bought a Dice unit and Vida 2014A off a seller on Ebay. I managed to get Vida installed on my laptop no problem but when I try to connect the Dice to Vida, it says disconnected on Vida. It wont communicate what so ever. I have asked for my money back or a replacement but the gentleman states that even though Vida is a cracked version, I still have to buy airtime for it to work. So I am now stuck with a faulty Dice unit.

It will also fail to see the dice unit if you don't run the driver software that's on the cd aswell.

John_C
Feb 26th, 2015, 22:03
Tell him to refund you or you'll open a case stating he's sold you fake goods, eBay will refund you on that basis.

Lugzyboy82
Feb 27th, 2015, 14:05
I bought it cash on collection. Will this matter?

Lugzyboy82
Feb 27th, 2015, 14:21
I have borrowed a friends unit to try and assess my V50, he has had it for a while and he wasn't sure if it was still in working order (going well isn't it). When I test the unit it states "self diagnostic connector is not attached, loopback tests will not be performed". I tried to connect it to Vida to see if anything else happens and Vida states something along the lines of "cannot connect to Vida as there may be a loose connection, fault with the Dice or the CAN high speed network may be missing. That is what it states when I try to read the vehicle. I have since (for about 15 seconds) managed to get the Dice to communicate with the car and it throws out error code CEM-DF11 CAN-H high speed network signal missing. But when I try to access the diagnostic tab in Vida, it shows that the Dice is disconnected and the key image and battery image are highlighted in orange. Is this a problem with the Dice or the car. Please help if you can.

jeffmasson
Feb 27th, 2015, 18:35
if you get a 12v power supply with the same plug as you have on the dice you can power the unit without plugging it into the car and run the self test to check the dice is working ok. have a look around your home you will probable have a few kicking around try and find one with at least 1 amp or more.

good luck

Lugzyboy82
Feb 27th, 2015, 20:47
Checked the unit away from the car on a stand alone power supply. Still getting the same results.

jeffmasson
Mar 1st, 2015, 18:10
Checked the unit away from the car on a stand alone power supply. Still getting the same results.

as you have tried two dice units i would put it down to your install of Vida and try un-installing it and all the bit to do with it and then re-install it.

its very fussy about how its installed and not for the faint hearted.

i ended up having to do a fresh install of windows just to get it working

John_C
Mar 1st, 2015, 18:26
I bought it cash on collection. Will this matter?

Yes, you didn't pay through PayPal so no chance of a refund via eBay.