PDA

View Full Version : V50 Engine 2.0D : - Cold Start Problems

MStP
Feb 28th, 2015, 17:04
Hi I am hoping that you could help or provide advice please on a cold start problem. My 2009 V50 2.0 D (48K miles) has problems on a cold start. For about one minute only it sends out a large plume of smoke from the exhaust and the car misfires badly. After the minute the problem has resolved and the car drives really well. When it is warm it does not show any of these problems.

The Volvo franchise dealer has so far replaced an injector, an ECU and all four glow plugs (at significant cost) but the problem still remains. The car has been with the dealer for four weeks and they have carried out numerous tests and have spoken to Volvo but no one seems to be able to diagnose the fault. No faults are showing on their computers. Volvo has suggested another round of tests - to donor the injectors with those from another car to see if that helps. The dealer is reluctant to do this and has suggested sending the injectors off for testing. I am unsure what to do next, particularly as the cost of all the repairs is now heading towards the value of the vehicle - and would welcome any advice.

Thanks in advance.

x DTR x
Feb 28th, 2015, 18:04
Sounds like the flap in the throttle housing is sticking? Housing maybe slightly warped or it may just need a good clean. A problem like this will not show any codes so worth a look:thumbs_up:

MStP
Feb 28th, 2015, 18:58
Thanks for this. I'm sure the garage said they had checked this, well at least cleaned it. I will ask again though.