PDA

View Full Version : V50 Electrics : - Ignition switch

ooohR
Mar 1st, 2015, 14:37
Hi, all.

When I first got my 08MY V50 2.0D the ignition switch was faulty and wouldn't crank the engine when twisted fully clockwise (common problem).
Back then I took the switch out and apart, cleaned the contacts and refitted it. It's worked fine for around 9 months but has started to play up again, needing the key to be wiggled around to find a point where it cranks the engine to start.

I don't want to mess around again with cleaning the switch contacts and want to replace the switch with a new part this time.

Can I just replace the switch and it's good to go again, or will something need programming?

Thanks in advance.

Clan
Mar 1st, 2015, 15:01
Hi, all.

When I first got my 08MY V50 2.0D the ignition switch was faulty and wouldn't crank the engine when twisted fully clockwise (common problem).
Back then I took the switch out and apart, cleaned the contacts and refitted it. It's worked fine for around 9 months but has started to play up again, needing the key to be wiggled around to find a point where it cranks the engine to start.

I don't want to mess around again with cleaning the switch contacts and want to replace the switch with a new part this time.

Can I just replace the switch and it's good to go again, or will something need programming?

Thanks in advance.

Just fit a new one and all will be fine , You should get a modified one , volvo are on the third modified version now !