PDA

View Full Version : S40 (New) General : - Do Headlamps have deflector to use abroad

flanok
Mar 2nd, 2015, 20:29
Hi

Just been let down by an ebayer sending out some eurolites.

But then wondered, if my S40 has any switch to help deflect the headlamp beam for driving abroad?
I have a 2009 2.0 D S40

Thanks

mark

torroa
Mar 2nd, 2015, 20:35
Can this be of some help? Right side headlamp (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q61jgjh5U5Y)

JBONE
Mar 2nd, 2015, 20:35
Yes. I think I've seen a video on YouTube somewhere

flanok
Mar 2nd, 2015, 20:47
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful--

But I am still going to have to buy some eurolights, as I catch the ferry wed morn, (after driving through night in the UK). Don't fancy tanking out the lights on the drive down to Spain.

Something to do when I get there though.

Thanks again

Mark

mattievrs
Mar 2nd, 2015, 20:54
They have a metal tab inside that you can flick to make them LHD lights. It takes 2 minutes and be careful with the stick on eurolites as they tend to leave marks on the plastic covers rendering the lights damaged.

msh
Mar 2nd, 2015, 20:56
Hi
I takes less than 2min to do both headlights. very easy I did mine waiting to board the Eurostar
mark

flanok
Mar 2nd, 2015, 22:04
OK

When ( looked at the video it looked like the lights had to come out.
I will look tomorrow

Thanks

Snoodini
Mar 3rd, 2015, 07:10
I have a LHD S40 and did exactly this in reverse when I took my car to the UK last summer. It took ma all of 5 minutes whilst on the eurotunnel. you don't need to remove the lamps to do this as shown in the video. Just pop out the headlight unit and I used the locking pin to reach into the unit to flip the lever.

dcw
Mar 3rd, 2015, 08:39
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful--

But I am still going to have to buy some eurolights, as I catch the ferry wed morn, (after driving through night in the UK). Don't fancy tanking out the lights on the drive down to Spain.

Something to do when I get there though.

Thanks again

Mark

Might be too late with this...

Don't be concerned about the idea of taking out the lights. All you have to do is pull up the metal tab that holds them in place and then the complete light unit just slides out. Flip the switch over then slide the light back in and re-insert the metal tab.

You'll do the whole job in a couple of minutes - it's about the best system on these cars that I have encountered with the headlights as it makes doing anything with them such as changing a bulb or going RHD to LHD a doddle.

David

iainmd
Mar 3rd, 2015, 09:30
Yep. I've done it in 2 minutes while the car's been on the Eurotunnel train to France. It's an absolute doddle.

Snoodini
Mar 3rd, 2015, 09:31
it's about the best system on these cars that I have encountered with the headlights

Now that I'm familiar with the headlights in these cars, I just can't see how/why other car headlights are any other way.