PDA

View Full Version : V50 General : - V50 'srs airbag service urgent'

CloggyUK
Mar 6th, 2015, 13:07
Hi all

Quick question regarding this fault. It appeared a while ago while my car was making a whining noise from the engine bay. The noise went away, the warning stayed. Had it diagnosed (£56) at the Volvo dealer and they found a broken srs control unit. 2 weeks ago the whining noise came back, along with a 'power system service urgent'. Next day the alternator and battery were replaced. The 'srs airbag service urgent' message is still there.
Now my question: could it be that there is no fault with the airvag system and the message was caused by the bad alternator? Or would it be most likely that the srs control unit is properly broken and it is going to cost me another £650 to get it fixed?
Btw. It's 58-plate V50, 2 ltr Diesel.

Cheers, Peter

John_C
Mar 6th, 2015, 17:39
Sounds like the dodgy alternator has provided too high a voltage and has nuked the srs module :(

CloggyUK
Mar 8th, 2015, 10:29
Ok, thanks for your reply. I guess it's going to cost me a few ££££ then.

SonyVaio
Mar 8th, 2015, 18:39
Would the SRS not reset because the code stayed permanent or did they not try and reset??

If the code would not reset then you will have a genuine problem but I suspect they might not have even tried to reset the SRS code and a simple reset may be all that is required. You will need a really decent code reader or VIDA/DICE for the job.

:star-wars-smiley-01