PDA

View Full Version : V50 Electrics : - Weird windows

iadom
Mar 7th, 2015, 15:07
Are the electric windows controlled electronically or wired directly to each individual switch?

The reason I ask is because of a strange thing that happened to me last week. I was in the car park of a local super store, just about to get out of my car. A chap was about to get into his car at the side of me so I was waiting until he had got into his car. I had my finger resting on the door unlocking button but didn't think I pressed it but as he deactivated the alarm on his car all four windows on my car opened fully????

This is the one and only time this has happened and try as I might I cannot replicate it.

Has anyone else encountered something like this?

V50 2.00D Auto SE Lux. 2009/59.

Clan
Mar 7th, 2015, 15:16
Are the electric windows controlled electronically or wired directly to each individual switch?

The reason I ask is because of a strange thing that happened to me last week. I was in the car park of a local super store, just about to get out of my car. A chap was about to get into his car at the side of me so I was waiting until he had got into his car. I had my finger resting on the door unlocking button but didn't think I pressed it but as he deactivated the alarm on his car all four windows on my car opened fully????

This is the one and only time this has happened and try as I might I cannot replicate it.

Has anyone else encountered something like this?

V50 2.00D Auto SE Lux. 2009/59.

yes this is a feature , the same happens if you keep your lock button pressed for a few seconds they will all go up . You can disable it in the menu ,, i would disable auto open in case you sit on the button in the house ...

iadom
Mar 7th, 2015, 15:27
Thanks for that, didn't think about the key in my other hand, must have been holding that as I meant the unlock button inside the door in my first post.