PDA

View Full Version : Leak from gearbox... Clutch fluid!

Tony500
Mar 8th, 2015, 02:44
Changing my cv boot the other day and had a quick look under the car to see a damp patch and a small drip forming under the gearbox. I presume it is clutch fluid.

The car has done almost 145k miles.. Think the clutch has been changed before? I have looked at bolts and they look original with no markings as they might have being taking out and put back on.

I know it is a common fault on volvos too....

I have a very slight vibration sometimes when changing gear too, nothing bad to think there is a problem though.

If I were to change, I see people recommend LUK but use the proper volvo slave? Would I be better to change to smf or keep the duel?

Also.... Is it easy to change a clutch on the v50 2.0d 04? Space wise ect?

Thanks

pgm
Mar 8th, 2015, 10:14
Hi Tony

I dont know how easy the 2.0l diesel is but on mine we took the gearbox out after removing the left suspension. The DMF reduces gear rattle and I understand makes a big difference on our cars. If it is a daily drive then I would recomend sticking with the DMF.
Make sure the clutch slave is fully bled before reassembly as they are virtually impossible to bleed afterwards (the bleed nipple is on the outside of the bell housing which means any air trapped after that point is very hard to get out).
Hope that helps

Paul