PDA

View Full Version : C70 Front brake discs

bravo306
Mar 9th, 2015, 16:11
Hello,

I'm about to replace the front disc and pads on my 2008 C70. Has anyone else undertook this job themselves? If so, what brand/type/size discs did you go for and are you happy with the results?

Cheers

cheffy
Mar 9th, 2015, 21:07
I know it's not quite the same, but last year I changed the whole lot (discs and pads) on my 2007 V50 for somewhere about 1/3 of what Volvo wanted to charge. I'd never done anything more than change a tyre before so it was a bit daunting but with a Haynes manual it was SO much easier that I thought. If I can do it, anyone can.

As it was my first time, I went for something I'd heard of before so I bought a set of Mintex pads & discs and I've been more than happy with them (as was my mechanic mate who checked them afterwards). I just measured the discs on the car one week, ordered the same size parts and did them the week after.

Becks
Mar 13th, 2015, 00:39
Did mine about 2 months ago. Used genuine volvo discs and pads bought from an eBay seller. Pretty easy job if you've done discs and pads on cars before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Braking-/33559/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_ssn=volvopartstrade