PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Rimski63
Mar 9th, 2015, 20:28
Just like to say hello and ask a question or two, I have just bought a C30 D3 R Design and would like to get it remapped as its only done 32k, anybody know of a good remapper in NW England round the Chester area if possible but would be prepared to travel a distance for a good remap. Looked in the boot when I got the car home and there was no space saver wheel which was quite strange but there was the repair foam and pump, any ideas how much a space saver wheel would be, thanks in advance, Ian

100K+
Mar 9th, 2015, 23:15
...but there was the repair foam and pump, any ideas how much a space saver wheel would be, thanks in advance, Ian

Don't know about Volvo dealer prices, but there are several good Volvo breakers around the country. I'm sure I've heard of one down near Preston/Lancaster way and I know there is one just outside Huddersfield. The latter has been used and approved by V70 members on that sub-forum.
They will give better value than a dealer.
Remember you will also need a jack + wheel nut spanner.
Tuning - again from the V70 (2002-7) sub forum try searching "shark" and Don Kalmar union.
Both offer tuning and both have their supporters.
I have not used either tuner, but hv used the Huddersfield breakers.

Good luck

cam
Mar 10th, 2015, 06:55
Hi Ian and welcome mate:thumbs_up:

Rimski63
Mar 10th, 2015, 08:18
Thanks for the replies, the daft thing is the car has got the jack etc, will look at a breakers for the space saver

JBONE
Mar 10th, 2015, 08:25
Thanks for the replies, the daft thing is the car has got the jack etc, will look at a breakers for the space saver

My S40 has the same set up, i contacted Volvo because i prefer a wheel in the boot. I got a price for the full spare kit £180.

Rimski63
Mar 10th, 2015, 15:22
Just been looking on eBay at some space saver wheels for a lot less than £180, some used some not, the next daft question is, my car has got 18" wheels with 215 x 45 tyres, what size space saver would I need

JBONE
Mar 10th, 2015, 15:28
Yes but i wanted the exact original spare kit

http://www.swedishcaraccessories.co.uk/ekmps/shops/squirefurneaux/images/c30-s40-v50-spare-wheel-kit-644-p.jpg

s40manbaz
Mar 21st, 2015, 12:36
Hi ive got the space saver brand new if you interested

JBONE
Mar 23rd, 2015, 12:45
Hi ive got the space saver brand new if you interested

I'm interested if its the whole spare kit as pictured?