PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Spec and radio system

Delboy4000
Mar 10th, 2015, 14:10
Hi All,

New to here so hope this is the correct place to post this.

I have recent bought a Volvo S40 2010 R-Design D4 but I’m having trouble finding out the specs of the car.

It's all come about as I was told the radio was the High Performance model but there is no AUX or USB input and I have looked everywhere. The stuff I have found on the internet suggests it should be in the arm rest but there isn't any connection in there.

I have rang Volvo and they can't tell what system the car was sold with. The brochures and owners guide suggests the USB comes with the high performance radio and the AUX is standard but there again the same documents don’t have any record of Volvo doing a 2010 S40 D4.

Does anyone know if there is a different between the performance radio and the high performance radio apart from the amp and speakers? Is the head unit different for instance, if so, is there a way to tell them apart. Further to that does anyone know if I can add a USB and AUX input to the system?

Many thanks
John

pgm
Mar 10th, 2015, 14:53
Switch the radio off and on again and the display will tell you which system is fitted. I don't know which ones had the aux input but it depends on year as well as which system is fitted.

Paul

Delboy4000
Mar 10th, 2015, 15:31
Switch the radio off and on again and the display will tell you which system is fitted. I don't know which ones had the aux input but it depends on year as well as which system is fitted.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I noticed a few images with the start up screen showing the name of the system and a picture of an S40 but sadly mine only shows the picure of the S40.

mattievrs
Mar 10th, 2015, 16:36
Hi Paul,

I noticed a few images with the start up screen showing the name of the system and a picture of an S40 but sadly mine only shows the picure of the S40.

That tells me it's a basic system.

smig64
Mar 10th, 2015, 16:51
mine shows the s40 pic but has the aux in the armrest mine is a 58 plate sport with the r design interior kit and steering wheel apparently it was out before the r design no sure tho