PDA

View Full Version : Fine Before Service

Tiggur
Mar 10th, 2015, 23:06
Hi all I'm hoping someone might have a reason for the cars (V50 D3 R Design 2011) problem. Bought the car a year ago and to date has 59k on the clock I considered it a nice car, goes well for supposedly 150bhp, 44mpg on shortish runs and 57-60 on a really good run ie motorway driving or in France and then November of last year took it for its annual service.

Now I don't know about you guys but you get to know your vehicle and instantly know when something's not right, so having had the service done I noticed almost straight away the turbo didn't come in and give the surge it did before but thought maybe its got something to do with the software update but then I noticed the mpg dropped to about 35-37 on shortish trips and when I take a run down to Southampton every two-three weeks to pick my son from Warsash I'm lucky if I see 46-47.

Now its been back to the Dealer and they've rechecked the car/software update and have told me its fine, an independent Volvo dealer has told me the same but I'm not convinced, I've got it booked in with another dealer of the same group next month but I'm beginning to think I'm just throwing more money away.

I've had no warning lights of any description, no clouds of black smoke, intercooler appears to look ok, so has anyone experienced anything similar after they've had a car back from a service because its beginning to hack me off a bit.

Has anyone experienced anything similar

marccowley
Mar 11th, 2015, 02:56
What oil did they put in it?

DT19
Mar 11th, 2015, 09:38
Is it possible the previous owner had the engine remapped and the service has overwritten it with the standard software?

Tiggur
Mar 12th, 2015, 21:51
I've spoken to previous owner who confirmed that the car was standard so no tunes or remaps. As to what oil they put in it I've no idea but whatever Volvo use, nothing was stated on the invoice except the cost although they did upgrade the software but deny this has caused the issue . Its almost like as someone suggested elsewhere there could be a boost or pressure hose problem but as I'm suffering with a bad back at the moment checking intercooler hoses etc are out of the question.

Prior to the service you would get a definite surge of power and get pushed back in the seat now it just feels like something's missing.

The guys in the T5D5 forums have made a few suggestions, I thought I'd do the same post here in case somebody may have had similar issues or any thoughts that haven't been thought of yet. I may have to travel up to Tim Williams when I feel a bit more mobile but at the moment I have little faith in a main dealer.