PDA

View Full Version : S40 2.0D Upgrade injectors? (mods)

SettoTiger
Mar 13th, 2015, 15:06
Hey, having allot of trouble finding specific post on this form relating to S40,05 and up model modifications.

My car has killed another injector. Its going in on monday to garage for a leak off test, But now im wondering if there is a direct swap for the D5 injectors which i assume is bigger output.

the car has been remapped and a few other mods done but has anyone done any major mods to the 2.0D engine that i can get reference to?

other words Where are the mods section of form?

miksu
Mar 14th, 2015, 16:10
2.0d is not volvo engine and injectors should be flow enough anyway.

Maybe rail pressure is too high and killing the injectors?

SettoTiger
Mar 18th, 2015, 13:54
I know its not volvo engine >.< crap. Found out the shocking truth now anyway, its the Fuel pump that has been damaged and was pushing metal shaving into the fuel system and also the injectors!!

SO yea new fuel pump and new injectors with full fuel system flush.. wile im at it will lower the car some more and round all off at about £1000

miksu
Mar 19th, 2015, 20:20
Which part of the pump? Low pressure feed pump? Got the same engine so...

SettoTiger
Mar 22nd, 2015, 13:16
im not even sure. I just go from what the mechanic said. I cant see how metal is in the fuel filter if the pump comes after the filter

miksu
Mar 22nd, 2015, 15:11
im not even sure. I just go from what the mechanic said. I cant see how metal is in the fuel filter if the pump comes after the filterSome fuel returns from the injectors and is fed back to circulation before the fuel filter.