PDA

View Full Version : V50 General : - V50 wet passenger foot wells

crispby22
Mar 13th, 2015, 20:37
Hi all!
Just thought I would post a thread about my experience with my beloved T5.
I have read from a few that the sunroof drain offs are a bit of a pain and they need blowing out at regular intervals. This is something I have come to understand this last year after finding a puddle in passenger front well! My mechanic ( non Volvo) is awesome and found the fault straight away but I was still left with a huge amount of water to clear! After lifting the front carpet a bit and drying it out with my de-humidifier, I thought I had cracked it until I realised some months later there was still a crap load of water in the back. So if this happens to you and obviously its been coming from the sunroof, I would suggest you remove the front passenger seat, 4 bolts behind the plastic caps and u clip heated seat etc. If you are careful you can pull out the front carpet and lift the back one up, then it's a case of drying out with a de- humidifier I'm afraid! Hope this helps!

ITSv40
Mar 13th, 2015, 22:31
Hi all!
Just thought I would post a thread about my experience with my beloved T5.
I have read from a few that the sunroof drain offs are a bit of a pain and they need blowing out at regular intervals. This is something I have come to understand this last year after finding a puddle in passenger front well! My mechanic ( non Volvo) is awesome and found the fault straight away but I was still left with a huge amount of water to clear! After lifting the front carpet a bit and drying it out with my de-humidifier, I thought I had cracked it until I realised some months later there was still a crap load of water in the back. So if this happens to you and obviously its been coming from the sunroof, I would suggest you remove the front passenger seat, 4 bolts behind the plastic caps and u clip heated seat etc. If you are careful you can pull out the front carpet and lift the back one up, then it's a case of drying out with a de- humidifier I'm afraid! Hope this helps!

Its not just the passenger side as there are drain pipes on all four corners. The air con drain in the drivers footwell is another source of wet carpets.